This weekend was busy. Here's a recap:
Josh's birthday was on Friday so I had a big day planned for us. This being our first birthday as a couple, I wanted to make it special (insert "awww" here), so I invited all of his best friends and their wives to TGI Friday's for dinner (he has been talking about the Jack Daniels steak for about 3 straight weeks). We had about 15 people there with friends from Rockford, Peoria and Indianapolis, and we even got to see one of our friend's baby for the first time. Afterwards we came back to my apartment (sans Lindsay who went home for Spring Break...lame) to play games and eat a strawberry Cold Stone ice cream cake. I know...best girlfriend award goes to me.
Saturday and Sunday were even crazier because we went to Josh's parents house for birthday/Easter festivities. Josh's 2 brothers and their ladies came up and we played Wii all day on Saturday which was amazing, but tiring. I'm never one for a big cardio workout and anyone who has played the Wii knows it is one. Anyway, Mario and Sonic Olympics is where it's at (see Exhibit A below). You can do everything from skeet shooting to hammer throwing to fencing. Awesome. And to top it off, that night his mom made us steak and potatoes and lots of good food (I won't hold it against her that she made fruit pies).
((Exhibit A))
And now for Easter. Jesus is risen, yay! I went to church with Josh's fam and we headed to his aunt's house for lunch. I seriously bet I gained 10 pounds this weekend but it was so good. My mom called me around 10pm and said their Easter was "dull" since I wasn't there. It's kind of weird...the first Easter I haven't spent with my own family. But it was worth it (another "awww").
Happy (Belated) Easter to all!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Happy Birthday to Josh! Happy Easter to Jesus!
Posted by Dana at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
am i full of myself if my favorite part of this post was the "sans lindsay" comment? ha ha... at least if i had to miss it, i didn't miss the cake... strawberry? BLECHHH!!!
wow holidays together...call me when you've set the date!!
and yes, the babys eyes were crossed we were all laughing about it...theyre not normally like that so don't judge my family.
Aw wow, you are quite an impressive GF miss Dana. But, I'm a bit disturbed that you left Libs and Rosco alone on the day of Easter...I bet they removed you from the will!
hmm sounds fun, wish i WOULD HAVE BEEN INVITED
Post a Comment