I'm sure most of you have heard about the killing in Iowa City on Monday (and if you haven't then you just aren't up to date on your current events and I won't judge). To sum it up, a man killed his wife and their 4 children with "blunt force trauma" to the head, most likely caused by a baseball bat. After calling 911, he then (purposely) crashed his van on the side of I-80 and died. (Full story and picture on CNN.)
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!? Things like this are so horrifying that I can't even begin to fathom in my head what is going on in their minds. So this guy got caught up in a brutal embezzlement scandal. SO WHAT. While I obviously don't know the situation, what in his head would EVER go off and say "I think it's perfectly acceptable to kill my family today."
I get it that people are messed up...I get it that people don't feel like they have friends or that there's no way out. But that's the part that's so sad. There ARE people out there that want to help and there ARE people out there that love them. It's selfish to think that they are alone and can figure it all out on their own. NOTHING is done without the love from God and the people He puts in your life to help you pull through.
And after that little soapbox, here's part of a song I love. When I get mad at people (which is a lot) I need to realize that my friends and family will always be there. And for that I'm VERY grateful.
((We Need Each Other - Sanctus Real))
I think I caught a glimpse of
Life without friends
Bitter, empty, hollow, dark and lonely
We never meant to hurt each other
So can’t we trust again
And take it as a chance
To keep on growing
I don’t know why it doesn’t come easy
But I know that we could be happy
If we’d only learn to love
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Oh Oh We Need Each Other
Posted by Dana at 10:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooo i also LOVE that song!
haha remember when we thought Lee had scary serial killer rage spells? Do you recall when he got so mad at me one time that he bent a spoon backwards? hahahaha
Post a Comment