CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Longest Post Ever

I've discovered I'm not very good at blogging. I'm not married so I can't write about my husband or my house that I own. I don't have any kids so I can't just post pictures of them and talk about how cute they are. I don't have a super cool job (I do have a job, just not a super cool one), so I can't even write about that. And I don't want to keep writing about my favorite TV shows because that makes me very lame. So what do I do?

In an effort to make my blog a little more interesting, I've decided to write about the two things that take up a majority of my day: my boyfriend and my mind.

First things first: Josh is my boyfriend and he's hot. He's "mad" at me for not yet mentioning him since I've had this blog, so I thought I should give it a shot. I don't want to get all mushy, gushy, vomit-inducing, boyfriend/girlfriend talk, so I won't. But just know that he is wonderful. In fact, he turns 24 on Friday so I'm sure you'll be getting some birthday posts very soon. Here's a picture of the crazy guy out at Curtis Orchard last fall. (It was a little bright out, don't judge.)



And now a peek into my mind. I should warn you, I'm a freak...but here goes. I'm a hypochondriac and think on a daily basis that I have everything from a brain aneurysm to a bloodclot (aka deep vein thrombosis) to a stomach ulcer caused by H. Pylori bacteria. I'm 100% convinced that my medical records are a few inches thick and full of my dictations and notes about my insanity. I once went to McKinley (the University's medical center for students) and told the doctor I wasn't peeing enough. Here's how the appointment went:

Me: I'm not peeing enough, I think something is wrong with me.
Doc: Are you drinking enough water?
Me: Well, no I don't drink that much water. And I just recently gave up pop.
Doc: I think you should just drink more water and you'll find that you will start urinating more often.
Me: But what about kidney problems? Is that a possibility?
Doc: Well it's a possibility, but I highly doubt that's why you can't go.
Me: Are you sure you don't want to do a blood test then? I have time...we can do a blood test.
Doc: I mean I could do one but I really don't think that's necessary. You really should just drink more water and come back if you're still having problems.
Me: Ok...

...and I left. All diseases aside, I'm extremely OCD and want everything to be straight and in line, documents to be typo-less with proper spacing and margins, and the volume on a TV or radio to be on an even number. I know I need help, but I think it's part of my charm.

So that's me. If any of that seemed random and you wondered why I told you everything about myself, keep this in mind...I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BLOG.

The end.

7 comments:

amy said...

ok, you're hilarious. the conversation with the doctor was priceless, in that area you're identical to my mother. also, my husband is OCD and everything has a place. If i move something and try to put it back the way I thought it went, he knows it's been moved. It's freakish. So, you're just like my mom and husband! that's why we're such good friends :)

Lindsay said...

you call that long?!?!? seriously, i'm ashamed. that is NOT long... if you want an example of something long, let me know... i can send you an email... it's been a while since you've gotten a typical lindsay email... probably since this summer when the email about my grandma got a little side-tracked and started talking about my little andrew and nicholas... they're so cute! i get to see them both on sunday! and, guess what? nicholas has his big first birthday coming up... on friday... like josh! aren't you super excited?!?!? also, i am sorry that i use two spaces like we were taught, but my OCD doesn't allow me to use just one... it's just too close together! just be proud that i'm not using double exclamations! okay, that is all... hope you're having fun at walmart!

Lindsay said...

blog owner approval? LAME! don't you know how i like to see what i write?

The Wickershams said...

hahaha ok I just peed my pants. You are too funny. I think you should get a hamster and blog about him. Just a thought... :)

amy said...

thanks for looking at the pics and the comments! its hard to pick only a couple favorites :)

Unknown said...

sometimes I don't understand how you and my wife aren't twins...seriously...you even share a name...and the self-diagnosis, coupled w/ obnoxious comments on the way I email...this is scary!!

(with 2 exclamation points)

Blomgrens said...

Your blog is very interesting and I love it. You are too funny. I like to hear about Josh since we never met him and yes we already know about your OCDness. Love it cause it's a part of you! Hope you are well andt thanks for telling us about your blog! We didn't know.